Monday 25 November 2013

Race Photos from Shepparton

Here are some photos from my race in Shepparton.

They are in order but unfortunately the photographers are unable to get photos of the swim.

1st photo is on the first of two 45 km laps of the bike, cruising along one the many flat roads around the Greater Shepparton region.


At the turn-around after 45 kms. I was very happy with my time split at this point and I was feeling good.


Just after the turn-around.


Out on the second lap and I was very comfortable in my aero position the whole way.


My new aero helmet, which I only got just ten days before the race, was put to good use. I really noticed the difference between this and my regular helmet with the way air flows over my head and cuts through the wind.


About 2 km into the run. I started out at a good pace but was a bit too fast to maintain for 21.1 km.


Going past the race site and finish line area at the start of either my second or third lap of 7 km.


The finish line! Don't be fooled by the time clock. I started 28 minutes behind the professionals so the clock indicates the time after they started.


And that was my day. Behind where this camera was sitting was the athletes finish tent with ice cream and fruit salad, which was awesome after a hot run. It came with a side of flat coke, which is equally as good during and after a long race.


No comments:

Post a Comment